Sadly, because of the great shortage of donated organs, they could be one of the 22 people who die each day while waiting.
You can make a difference. Carolina Donor Services and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) invite you to join a national initiative: the Workplace Partnership for Life. Joining is simple. A collaboration with companies and employee groups of all sizes to make information on donation available to employees. JOIN NOW
If you are not quite sure how to begin an organ and tissue donation awareness program, Carolina Donor Services can help. We can provide you with rack cards, displays, website banners and other materials to assist you in reaching out to your employees. Members of our staff can distribute organ and tissue donation information at company health fairs, blood drives, picnics and other events. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Other Ways You Can Assist with Outreach at Your Workplace:
- Sponsor a presentation on the topic of organ and tissue donation.
- Organize an organ, eye and tissue donation awareness event at your organization. Some companies create competitions among departments or field offices.
- Hang posters about organ, eye and tissue donation on your company bulletin boards or throughout kitchens, eating areas and break rooms.
- Include information about organ, eye and tissue donation during your company's annual enrollment for benefits period.
- Do something special during National Donate life Month in April or create your own Awareness Day, Week or Month.
- Give members of your organization ten minutes to share the "Gift of Life" by registering as a donor since a new name is added to the waiting list every ten minutes.